The Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) is an Annual international Awards Program to increase ICT awareness in the community and assist in bridging the Digital Divide.
APICTA Alliance consists of 16 member-economies, including Sri Lanka. Award winners of NBQSA are chosen to represent Sri Lanka in the APICTA competition.
Since 2003 NBQSA is modeled in line with APICTA and the winners of NBQSA are nominated to participate at APICTA held annually. APICTA consists of 16 countries in the region and has set out stringent standards for benchmarking software and ICT products. Dr. Dileepa De Silva, the past chairman of BCS Sri Lanka section was a member of the team responsible for formulating the Judging criteria for APICTA with Dr. Devendra Amarasingam and Prof. Gihan Wikramanayake contributing towards this task.
For more information, visit the APICTA website.
APICTA Winners from Sri Lanka
Click on the link below to see the past APICTA winners from Sri Lanka.
- 2012 Darussalam, Brunei (2-5 December 2012)
- 2011 Pattaya, Thailand (8-11 November 2011)
- 2010 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (12-15 October 2010)
- 2009 Melbourne, Australia (14-17 December 2009)
- 2008 Jakarta, Indonesia (12-16 November 2008)
- 2007 Singapore (26-30 November 2007)
- 2006 Macao, S.A.R. (2-5 November 2007)
- 2005 Chaingmai, Thailand (15-20 February 2006)
- 2004 Hong Kong (8-10 December 2003)
- 2003 Bangkok, Thailand (5-8 December 2003)